Focused on women’s health from puberty through adulthood, gynecology is all about the female reproductive system. Obstetrics is a part of gynecology and physicians who specialize in both are referred to as OB/GYNs.
You will see a Lifeline Medical Associates gynecologist to begin the process of preventive care as a young woman and then continue throughout adulthood to keep a check on your pelvic and breast health.Find A Provider
As a very young woman, between the ages of 13 and 15, it is a good idea to visit the gynecologist to:
- Establish a relationship with the physician.
- Discuss any questions you may have about your first menstrual cycle.
- Have a general medical exam to determine your overall health.
- Discuss any problems you may have as you go through the changes of puberty.
Into adulthood, gynecology can help you maintain your reproductive health and catch any issues before they become major problems. You’ll want to see a gynecologist to:
- Screen for cervical and breast cancer.
- Determine the cause of menstrual problems, including excessive bleeding.
- Test for urinary tract infections (UTI), ovarian cysts, endometriosis, and other issues that could be causing you pain.
- Prevent or treat a sexually transmitted infection (STI).
- Prepare for pregnancy or learn how to prevent pregnancy.
- Manage the menopause process, including any perimenopause symptoms you may be experiencing.
Lifeline Medical Associates providers offer the highest quality, value-based gynecology services for every woman’s needs, from the early teenage years to older adulthood.
Contact a professional and compassionate gynecologist near you to learn more.
Overall patient rating for Lifeline Medical Associates: